11/22/2014 | Saturday | 12:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Home Slice Pizza
1415 and 1421 South Congress Ave
Another afternoon of pizza-themed zaniness in South Austin is right around the corner! The carnival is at once a celebration of the art of hand tossed pizza, an 9th birthday party for the restaurant and a charitable endeavor intended to give back to the neighborhood and the community that has made Home Slice one of Austin’s favorite eateries. This year’s carnival will take place on Saturday, November 22 from 12-7pm in the Home Slice patio and parking lot, and is graciously co-sponsored by generous Austin companies Spredfast, Kingsisle, and Retail Me Not. All proceeds benefit this year’s non-profit recipient: Austin Bat Cave.
The Carnival-O-Pizza promises fun for all ages with:
• carnival-style games with a Home Slice spin
• kid themed offerings including our own invention: Pee Wee Pizzoli
• A huge raffle featuring amazing prizes from business all over South Congress and Austin including the ability to make a reservation at Home Slice for an entire year
• Entertainment including marching bands, fortune tellers, dancers, mustache painting, hairstyling and more
• Concessions including beer, Italian wines, beverages and of course pizza!
• Our now famous contests including, box folding, dough tossing, the venerable pizza eating contest and last but not least, hands on an eggplant sub in which contestants vie to be the last person standing with their hand on 3 feet of sandwich; in 2010 the contest went on for an incredible 63 hours!
Here is the schedule for the day:
12:00PM Carnival opens
12:30-12:50 The Girl Who Knows
1:00-1:20 Break dancers
1:45 Hands on an Eggplant Sub (HOES) begins
2:00 Pizza Tossing Size Competition begins
2:40-300 The Seer of South Congress
3:00-3:15 Minor Mishap Marching Band
3:15 Pizza Tossing Speed Competition begins
4:15-4:45 Big Don
4:45-5:00 Minor Mishap Marching Band
5:00 Salt and Pepperoni performs National Anthem
5:10 Pizza Eating Contest begins
6:00 Grand Prize Raffle Drawing
6:15 Happy Birthday to Slicey
Please come join the fun and support Austin Bat Cave!